Thursday, May 3, 2012

THE JOURNEY FROM YES TO I DO:18 Marriage Lessons...

THIS IS A RE-POST BUT IT REALLY MEANT A GREAT DEAL TO ME WHEN I READ IT.AS THIS ARE ALL THE THINGS THAT I WOULD LOVE MY MARRIAGE TO BE. To commemorate the 18 great years since I married my college sweetheart, I took some time to think through 18 lessons that I’ve learnt about marriage in that time. So… here goes… 1. A great marriage consists of two good friends - everything else is hype 2. A cord of three strands is not easily broken 3. If one of us wins, we both lose 4. You’ll never meet all your spouses needs! 5. Marriage takes mutual sacrifice 6. Divorce is not an option 7. Our marriage is the means to an end 8. We need a common approach to parenting 9. We need a common approach to in-laws 10. Takes a lot of time to get it right! 11. If you can’t lend trust, don’t get married! 12. Opposites attract! And soon attack :-) 13. These are the ‘good old days’ 14. If the grass is greener on the other side, water yours! 15. Don’t be a ‘child centered’ marriage 16. Absence makes the heart go wander 17. Parenting is a team sport 18. Schedule spontaneity!

No comments:

Post a Comment